Holistic Swedish Massage
Swedish Massage is named after Per Henrik Ling(1776-1839) a Swedish physiologist and fencing master. He developed a system of movements he found helpful for improving & maintaining his physical condition. The classical Swedish massage movements such as effleurage petrissage and percussion are still used today.
My treatments incorporate Swedish massage techniques with many others, such as deep tissue, trigger point therapy, stretching, myofascial techniques.
- 30 minutes €35
- 60 minutes €60
- 75minutes €75
- 90 minutes (full body massage)€90
See below the benefits of massage!
Benefits of Massage
- Improves skin tone & colour by stimulating Desquamation(Shedding of dead skin cells)
- Encourages regeneration of skin cells
- Improving circulation of the skin, in turn, improves nutrient & oxygen delivery to the cells and removal of waste
- Improves the function of sebaceous glands and sweat glands of the skin which improves elasticity & prevents dryness
- Reduces appearance cellulite
- Improves Blood & Lymph circulation
- Oxygen & nutrients delivered more efficiently to tissues and organs of the body
- Gentle massage can help reduce high blood pressure by reducing tension in the body
- Encourage better lymph drainage, therefore, reducing swelling or fluid retention.
- Boosts the immune system with more efficient removal of waste and infection
- Relieve muscle fatigue
- Relieve muscle soreness & stiffness
- Eases stiff, aching joints
- Improve muscle suppleness
- Improves peristaltic movement of the colon(during colonic massage) & which can help digestion.
- Improves posture, mobility, and flexibility
- Relaxes the nervous system, improving communication to the muscles
- Decreasing muscle spasm caused by anxiety
- Can sedate or stimulate the nervous system (depending on what’s required by the individual)
- Reduces pain in muscles
- Stress Relief
- Relaxes the body thereby reducing tension
- Relaxes the mind helping to reduce anxiety & its effects
- Inducing Sleep, giving the feeling of being well-rested
- Soothe & comfort
- Can allow for the release of deep-held emotions
- Leaves a feeling of wellbeing
- Improves self-esteem, body image, awareness of the body
- Increases energy & alertness by stimulating the bodies systems