Indian head Massage
Ayurveda, an ancient form of Eastern Indian medicine, translates to “knowledge of life” or “science of longevity”. The Ayurvedic tradition & text date back almost 4000 years. Indian Head Massage is part of this practice. The Ayurvedic approach is holistic & focuses on the mind, body & spirit to bring the body to homeostasis (balance). Ayurveda is still widely used today and has become more popular in western culture.
Treatment: 45 Minutes €40
Indian head massage was and is an integral part of Eastern Indian family life. Originally developed by women as part of their daily grooming routine then was passed down from generation to generation as a practice to promote health and familial bonds. The Eastern Indian tradition of Indian head massage is a seated, clothed massage of the shoulders, neck & scalp. The base oil is blended with essential oils and used in the hair and on the scalp to provide nourishment and stimulation based on what the individual needs.
The western adaption is performed with clients lying on their back on a massage bed and the shoulder, neck, scalp & face are massaged using an aroma-oil. I am trained in both eastern & western forms of Indian Head Massage so it is my client’s choice which they’d prefer.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Improves blood flow to the head, neck, and shoulders nourishing the tissues
- Helps to improve lymphatic circulation to these areas which in turn boosts immune function
- Reduces edema
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Relieves muscular tension
- Improves posture
- Good for anyone who is prone to headache, migraine, sinuses, or toothache (when not currently suffering)
- Improves concentration
- Elevates mood
- Improves the condition of the scalp & hair
- Slows and deepens breathing
- Reduces heart rate thereby reducing blood pressure
- Reduces the effects of Anxiety by calming the nervous system
- Reduces stress
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system which encourages rest & promotes sleep