Reflexology is a holistic treatment that uses thumb & finger pressure techniques on the feet to bring a state of homeostasis(balance) to the body and mind. Reflexology is a deeply relaxing treatment that provides amazing stress relief.
1 hour €50
For Packages see Treatments Page
Applying gentle pressure to reflex areas of the feet and/or hands can help stimulate the body’s own healing response. It is thought that all parts of the body are connected to reflexes on the hands and feet. When using compression techniques on specific points of the foot, in particular, we can stimulate the associated organ or system of the body to rebalance and function optimally.
The Reflexology session begins with a massage of the feet and lower legs to warm up the area. This can be a nice time for to relax into the treatment and follow some breathing exercises. The
Reflexology treatment is an hour, this includes a consultation, warm-up massage of the legs & feet, reflex work and finishes with some observations and homecare. The reflexology itself usually takes about 30-45 minutes . A course of 2-4 treatments might be recommended if we are dealing with a particularly stubborn issue or discomfort.
Benefits of Reflexology
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Improves sleep
- Reduce stress & tension
- Improves immune function by stimulating the lymphatic system
- Improves circulation of the blood to areas of stagnation
- Relieves pain through endorphin released during reflexology
- Improves bowel movements which help the digestive system & symptoms of bloat
- Aids removal of waste in the body
- Calms the nervous system which reduces the effects of anxiety and/or depression
- Can releases deep-held emotions which can be very therapeutic
- Gives a feeling of wellbeing
I use Bees Flying Wild Balms, an Irish Business that makes Reflexology & Massage balms in my reflexology and massage treatments. I love the chance to support Irish.